Monday 29 September 2014

Researching College Magazines



This magazines main colour consists of green and white with a dark background from the central picture. I like in this magazine the way the masthead has been placed as if it is behind the person in the picture. I also like the use of colour. As the picture is dark, the lighter colours for the masthead and the cover stories stand out more and are more easily readable, so they work well together. I like the font that has been used because it isn't too fancy, it looks tidy and it stands out.
I'm not too sure about the darkness that this magazine has. Even though the light coloured writing stands out over the dark picture, my personal opinion is that it gives the magazine a dull look and should include some brightness.
As I like the way the masthead and the cover stories are set out I may consider using a similar style when setting out my own front cover for my college magazine. However I don't think that I would use the colour green for my masthead and stick with my own colour choice.


This second magazine has a colour choice of pink, white and black. Even though the colours work well together this isn't a colour choice I would use for my own magazine as it may only appeal to females in the college. The black writing doesn't work very well on this magazine because it isn't very readable on the darker areas of the picture. I'm also not very keen on the cover stories being written in italic because it doesn't make it look very tidy.
Taking this into consideration the parts of the magazine that I do like would be the way that the masthead has been presented, as the font and the size make it eye-catching and suitable for the purpose of the magazine. However I don't think that I would use any of the ideas from this magazine for my own but it has taught me what not to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment