Monday 6 October 2014

Evaluation of the preliminary task

The colours, masthead and the cover stories I have used on my front cover all link back to my survey, which was to find research from my target audience. I originally wanted to use the colours blue and white for my front cover, as i thought that they would work well together. However, the colours blue, red and white came out the most popular choices in the survey so I decided that I would add red, which I think has made the text stand out more than if I were to have used my original idea of just blue and white. I think that the colours look bold and eye catching which is what I was aiming for when planning my front cover. 
I took one of the masthead ideas from my survey as it was a popular choice and gets straight to the point of what the magazine is about. Also when doing my survey I found a mixture of results that students would be interested in finding out about in the magazine, therefore I decided that putting a mixture of cover stories on my front cover would draw in more readers.
When researching other college magazines I found that using a bold and not too fancy font makes the magazine look more professional and eye-catching. Which is why I decided to use the particular font 'veranda'  which I personally think makes my magazine look more neat than it would of if I had decided to use a fancy font.
Finally the image I decided to use was a medium close up shot with a background of a classroom and the model holding an iPad. This is a representation of the sixth form itself and the facilities that are open to use. I attempted some different range shots, the photo I have used was originally a medium shot but I decided to crop and zoom to give more focus on the model.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good analysis of your prelim task. I think you will find red is quite a fashionable colour to have on front covers at the moment. It has almost become a convention.
    Mrs B

    ReplyDelete