Thursday 6 November 2014

Analysis of 'Acoustic' magazine contents page


    • This is the Acoustic magazines contents page. The colour scheme, fonts and images links to the genre of the magazine and the front cover. If someone was given this contents page they would know straight away the genre of music that this magazine is about; which is what I would want to aim for with my own magazine. The spaces between the images makes the contents more neat, professional and easier to identify each image, that would relate to a cover story. The contents writing doesn't have any sort of order which may confuse the reader when trying to find a particular article and make it harder to read, whereas if the page numbers were in order the reader may find it a lot less confusing. I do like the organisation of the contents page because it does look very organised and professional, which is how I want to present my own magazine. I also like the way that the text are in columns and the images have the page number that link to text gives a more neater look and doesn't make the contents messy with images and text scattered all over the place. I do think however the wrong font has been used for this magazine and takes away some form of identification of what the genre is, I would use this font for a more younger target audience. Having said that I like the font sizes that are used and would probably use similar font sizes when presenting my own contents page. I think when you look at this magazine the images on the contents page straight away draw in attention to the reader of what the genre of the magazine is, but for my own contents page I would want the more main stories to stand out more to having them all the same size. 

1 comment:

  1. A much more proficient analysis - use your feedback sheet to improve it.

    ReplyDelete